Grazyna in Kingston loves Pukka Wholistic Turmeric. Turmeric, the main spice in curry, is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing diseases. It been used in India for thousands of years. The main active component of turmeric, curcumin, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It used by people suffering from any inflammation including arthritis or colitis. It has been shown that curcumin may also help prevent dementia.
Pukka Herbs say: Wholistic Turmeric is unique broad-spectrum formula that contains the highest organic grade, sustainably cultivated and fairly traded herbs, carefully selected to bring you the full potential of nature’s goodness.
Pukka Wholistic Turmeric retains curcuminoids, turmeric essential oils and a full range of turmeric actives. This means we harness the effects of all 200 of turmeric’s bioactive compounds, not just those of the curcuminoids.
Their unique wholistic extraction process enhances absorption and substantially increases potency. Read the article by Marin Anastasov from Pukka Herbs to find out more about the science behind their wholistic extraction.
Pukka Wholistic Tumeric is not only good for you, but good for the planet!
Golden Milk also known as a Tumeric Latte is a great way to get your daily dose of Tumeric if you’re bored of popping pills. Check out Pukka’s recipe
- 250ml of organic coconut milk or organic almond milk
- 250ml of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- One to two capsules of Pukka Wholistic Turmeric
- 1 small piece (1/2 inch) of fresh ginger, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil
- A grinding of black pepper
- Ground cinnamon or grated nutmeg to serve
- Gently heat all the ingredients except for the cinnamon, slowly bringing to the boil
- Simmer gently for five minutes
- Sieve and serve in cups with a sprinkling of cinnamon or grated nutmeg